Sunday, October 24, 2010

First post! Marbeled Cheesecake Squares

Well, I was looking for an awesome recipe to put on here, and decided to go with a cheesecake.  I do not usually like cheesecake, as it is dense and makes me think I am eating straight up cream cheese with added vanilla.  (Which is cheesecake....basically.)  However, I found a recipe on Cooking Light's website that looked delicious and not too thick.  Sadly, I would insert more photos (here), but I only took one picture with my phone.

What I liked:  This display photo from the website is not hard to recreate.  I like to have my food look presentable.  Which is sometimes hard for me, as I am not a creative person. So, I tend to enjoy the recipe even more if all I have to do is drop pools of dark chocolate on cheesecake, and swirl them around.  The taste was delicious.  It is rich, but not in a guilty way...in my opinion.  If it comes from Cooking Light, then it cannot be horrible for you, right, ;)?  Anyway, lots to like about this recipe, even if you are not a big fan of cheesecake.

Disliked:  While making the filling, I felt paranoid because it was lumpy.  However, those baked out.  Not really any dislikes, whoohoo!

The Recipe:
(Once I get a camera, I will put step-by-step pictures on here.)

Ingredients:
1 Oreo Cookie Crust (the original recipe calls for crumbs, but this saves time)
2 tablespoons butter, melted (I changed it from 1 to 2)
2  (8-ounce) blocks fat-free cream cheese, softened
1  (8-ounce) block 1/3-less-fat cream cheese, softened (I actually switched it around, I put 2 blocks of 1/3 fat, and 1 block of fat-free, because I made the mistake at the grocery store.)
1  cup  sugar
3  tablespoons  all-purpose flour
1  tablespoon  vanilla extract
3  large egg whites (If you get some of the yolk in, it does not affect the taste.  Just the healthiness level)
1 egg
1 oz semisweet (dark) chocolate (I used two, but either way is fine)

Directions:
  1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
  2. Dump the Oreo crust in a 9 in. * 13 in. pan.  (I used nonstick, but don't think it really matters to much., as there is butter in the crust....)
  3. Pour the melted butter over the crust. mixing it until the butter and crust is incorporated, and add more if needed.
  4. Flatten the crust with the backside of a fork~this is easier than using your hands, which have an uneven surface.
  5.  Bake for 8 minutes.
  6. Take out and while it cools, make the cheesecake.
  7. In a large bowl, mix together all of the cream cheese until "smooth".  It's best if an electric mixer is used.
  8. Mix in sugar and flour.
  9. Add all the other ingredients left, except the chocolate.  Mix until smooth and blended.
  10. Pour the mixture onto the cooled crust in the pan. Don't put it in the oven just yet!
  11. Melt the chocolate in the microwave, stirring every 30 seconds or so~The original recipe said 45 seconds, but that was too long....
  12. Drop pools of the melted chocolate on the cheesecake, and swirl them around.  Try not to get too deep in the cheesecake (unless you want it that way, then by all means swirl as deep as you want.)  It baked to the surface for me though.
  13. Bake for 35 minutes at 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
  14. Cover with plastic wrap and chill for 2 hours at least (The original says 4, but...I was in a time crunch.)
  15. Enjoy!
So, I hope this was clear, and this is the link to the original...click here for the orignal!

Have a nice day/evening and a new post will be up fairly soon!

P.S. Almost forgot-picture!


I do not own this picture! It belongs to Cooking Light!  My own will be up soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment